From: Dan Johansson <dan@×××.nu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Unlocking Plasma desktop in Gentoo without systemd
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 19:27:11
1 On 11.09.2017 21:04, Mick wrote:
2 > On Monday, 11 September 2017 19:27:02 BST Jigme Datse Yli-RAsku wrote:
3 >> I had a similar (if not identical problem). This solution is a
4 >> "difficult" solution, the reason I experienced this (if I understand)
5 >> was that I was running KDE at the same time I was updating KDE.
6 >
7 > No the user started a Plasma session after booting up the PC and while no
8 > updates were being performed.
11 >> I can't
12 >> remember if I simply rebooted, or if all it took was logging out, and
13 >> logging back in. Even if I had rebooted, the *most* that should be
14 >> required is restarting X, which if you are running XDM may require
15 >> restarting XDM, or as stated, simply logging out and logging back in
16 >> (but that might not be possible from KDE running in this broken mode).
17 >> It should happen relatively infrequently.
18 >
19 > I can login and restart xdm, but I fear the user may lose some the work being
20 > performed at the time. I may end up doing this, but not if there is a way to
21 > recover the session. Strangely, I can't see any relevant screenlock process I
22 > could stop from the console. :-(
25 Try this:
26
27 # Get Session-ID
28 sesid=$(ck-list-sessions | egrep "(Session[0-9]:|x11-display = ':0')" |
29 grep -B 2 "x11-display = ':0'" | grep "Session" | cut -d":" -f1)
30
31 # Unlock
32 sudo dbus-send --system --print-reply
33 --dest="org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit" /org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/${sesid}
34 org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Session.Unlock
38 Dan Johansson
40 This message is printed on 100% recycled electrons!