From: Gafei Szeto <gafei.szeto@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Suspend/Hibernate on Dell Inspiron 6000
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 03:10:58
1 Hey, I actually had the same problem as the original poster. I have the Dell
2 Inspiron 6000 as well. I had the ati 8.40.4 driver and I recently upgraded
3 my kernel from linux-2.6.21-suspend2-r7 to various versions of
4 linux-2.6.23-tuxonice sources just to try to get it to suspend to ram
5 properly. Suspend to ram would suspend, but would fail to resume within
6 Gnome.
7
8 There seems to be a problem with the ati 8.40.4 drivers with the newest
9 linux-2.6.23 and .24 tuxonice-sources, because I have tried almost every
10 single combination to try to get suspend to ram working correctly.
11
12 What I did to solve this was to emerge the newest ati-drivers, which as of
13 today is 8.455.2-r1. I also installed radeontool and vbetool. I made the
14 changes in my common.conf and also in my ram.conf in /etc/hibernate to
15 enable vbetool and radeontool. If you need these files, I'll gladly post
16 them up.
17
18 With the linux-2.6.21-suspend2-r7 kernel, I did not have to use any of those
19 tools to help me resume but with the linux-2.6.23-tuxonice-sources I did.
20 I'm currently running linux-2.6.23-tuxonice-r10.