From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [SOLVED] Older machines no text console video after bootup
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2022 13:43:47
1 On Tue, Apr 19, 2022 at 10:33:43PM +0200, Peter Böhm wrote
2 > You are missing FrameBuffer configuration:
3 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Framebuffer
4 >
5 > This is always necessary - even without ...
6 >
7 > ... I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications
8
9 Thanks. I now have text on "ye olde desktope". I'll work on the
10 notebook. I hate the "dirty tricks" stuff...
11
12 > Note that the fbdev option is invisible unless the following option
13 > is also selected further down in the Graphic support menu:
16 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
17 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications