From: Glenn Enright <elinar@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mplayerplug-in problem
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 07:44:08
1 On Monday 24 April 2006 6:37 pm, Colleen Beamer wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Today, I updated my system. Among the updates were a kernel update, a
5 > firefox update and an mplayer update.
6 >
7 > Everything seems to be working fine except that I can't get the mplayer
8 > plugin to work properly in Firefox. After updating everything and
9 > compiling and booting to the new kernel, I rebuilt mplayer so that it
10 > would include the win32codecs, which it does not do by default. After
11 > doing this, I reinstalled the mplayerplug-in. After doing this, I
12 > recopied the mplayer.so files to my Firefox plugins directory. I *did
13 > not* recompile Firefox after recompiling and booting to the new kernel.
14 > I've done everything I can think of, but when I try to play a feed from
15 > CNN or if I just try to play another video file in Firefox, it appears
16 > that mplayer is loading, but then "Stopped" is displayed. And no
17 > buttons display for stop, start or pause.
18 >
19 > Any ideas?
20 >
21 > Thanks and regards,
22 >
23 > Colleen
24 Yeah I been through this too.
25 I get this error when trying to play movie files, sound file work fine
26 (Gecko:17960): Gtk-WARNING **: Can't set a parent on widget which has a parent
27 --
28 Very few profundities can be expressed in less than 80 characters.