From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LVM: extending volume groups and logical volumes
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 07:53:07
1 J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 > If it's just temporary for LibreOffice, I'd suggest making a temporary
3 > LV, mount it at /var/tmp/portage and then emerging the software. Then
4 > when finished, umount and remove the LV. I see no need to have /var
5 > really large for normal use and have never tried shrinking filesystems
6 > myself.
7 > Your welcome :)
8 >
9 > HTH,
10 >
11 > --
12 > Joost
16 If he has enough memory, he could mount it on tmpfs too. That's how I
17 do mine. I got more ram than space on /var. lol
18
19 Dale
20
24 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!
25
26 Miss the compile output? Hint:
27 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"