From: fire-eyes <sgtphou@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PC freeze with ati-drivers and gentoo-sources-2.6.16-r3
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 18:39:00
1 On Wednesday 26 April 2006 12:29, Ptitjack wrote:
2 > I have some problem with gentoo-sources-2.6.16-r3 and ati-drivers.
3 > Everything works fine when logging in, but my pc freezes without any
4 > error message when logging out.
5 > Do you get that same trouble on your own ?
6 > I really don't know what to do except downgrading to gentoo-sources-2.6.15.
7 > Thanks
8
9 I had this problem with ati-drivers and, to make the story short, after
10 countless hours of hacking with things left and right, in the end I gave up
11 and went to xorg's radeon driver.
12
13 The only drawback is that it doesn't do 3d, or if it does, not easily.
14
15 So I either had to give up 3d, or sit and watch as my laptop froze EVERY
16 single time i either 1) logged out of xorg 2) resumed from suspend to ram ,
17 both of which are extremely important daily activities.
18
19 Wish I could report a different result.
22 "When you walk across the fields with your mind pure and holy, then from
23 all the stones, and all growing things, and all animals, the sparks of
24 their soul come out and cling to you. And then they are purified, and
25 become a holy fire in you." -- Ancient Hasidic Saying
26 --
27 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list