From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DVD->mp4 - handbrake vs something else
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 21:21:26
1 On Thu, 27 Oct 2011 13:48:02 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
2
3 > Thanks for the ideas Neil. I'll keep it in mind. I'm not the least bit
4 > clear whether there will be the equivalent of the Android market for
5 > the Fire, at least early on. Long term I suspect there might be, but
6 > at this point I don't know how open Amazon intends to make the device.
7 >
8 > What do you use to rip DVDs to MPEG2? dvdrip? Some command line app?
9
10 Not DVD::Rip. because that also transcodes. DVD titles are already in
11 MPEG2 format, so vobcopy does the job quickly and simply, as the only
12 processing it needs to do is removing the lightweight encryption.
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 "RAM DISK is NOT an installation procedure!"