From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Running Scripts
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 18:53:36
1 On 27 July 2007, Greg Lindstrom wrote:
2 > Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na> wrote:
3 > > This leads to the question whether you can start *any* executable from
4 > > your
5 > > home directory (assuming you stored your script somewhere under your home
6 > > directory). If not so, do you mount your /home partition with the
7 > > "noexec" option?
8 >
9 > I have the same problem with Perl scripts; I haven't tried any others. Is
10 > there a way to tell how the partition is mounted? I'm sorry to say that I
11 > am a lowly user on the system and don't really know much about how it is
12 > set up.
13
14 Post the content of your /etc/fstab. You should be able to do that as a
15 normal user.
16
17 Kinda funny: Writing this while listening to Queen's "Another One Bites The
18 Dust". ;-)
19
20 Uwe
23 Jethro Tull: Maybe, I am not done yet!
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list