From: fei huang <daniel.huangfei@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] pppoe-status returns the wrong infomation! might be a bug..
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 10:41:09
1 I've configued the rp-pppoe following the updated instruction in Gentoo
2 Handbook, and my ADSL modem can be brought up at start up , however, the
3 pppoe-status always returns message says that the PID file could not be
4 found (which is definity wrong!). my network was working of course.. so.
5 I found this issue was caused by the $PIDFILE which is defined in the
6 /etc/ppp/pppoe.conf and read by pppoe-status script. but the comment right
7 above that line says:
8
9 # NB: Gentoo overrides PIDFILE when pppoe-start is run from the
10 # networking scripts. This setting has no effect in that case.
11
12 # below is the original definition
13 #PIDFILE="/var/run/$CF_BASE-pppoe.pid"
14
15 # Still wrong after I comment out the line above, so I have to change like
16 this:
17 PIDFILE="/var/run/rp-pppoe-eth0.pid"
18
19 It works now though, I wonder if this is a small bug, i.e. the $PIDFILE has
20 never been defined except in the pppoe.conf,
21 and unfortunately, the only definition is not correct..