From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: package.keywords
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 15:52:03
1 Arttu V. <arttuv69 <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > More reading: ebuild(5)"
5
6 Ah, ok so there is not restriction on using any of the
7 the boolean operators in any config file underneath
8 /etc/portage? as section 5 does not mention any....
12 > So, as a conclusion, you probably want to use ~ instead of >= in there
13 > as you apparently are running a mostly stable box (arch) instead of
14 > testing (~arch)?
15
16 This is my (mis)conception, although, as you have suggest,
17 there are (gentoo) cultural norms that do suggest
18 certain boolean operations should not be used,
19 in say for example, package.keywords?
22 I'm mostly running stable with exceptions being enabled
23 via the /etc/portage file structure. Usually it's small,
24 but now with kde4, BLOAT is my modus operandi,
25 not by choice......
29 thanks,
30 James