From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kernel bad scheduling from idle thread
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 09:29:28
2 > This is the first 5.4 kernel I have tried. I did a make oldconfig and
3 > added a number of modules, but I would think the kernel would only
4 > load the ones that are needed. I could not tell you the exact ones,
5 > as I try to make the kernel somewhat general, so I may add things
6 > which may not be necessary for my particular situation.
9 I think call traces indicate a kernel bug, not an issue with kernel
10 configuration. Try .71 - perhaps the issue has already been fixed.
11
12 If the issue persists in .71 then you could report to the kernel
13 maintainers if you have the time and inclination. I've reported a couple.
14 https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/admin-guide/reporting-bugs.html -
15 just dont use gmail as they want plain text email.