From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Wireless: deauthenticating by local choice
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 18:51:01
1 On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 12:30 PM, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I'm on the road connecting to various wireless access points and
3 > sometimes I'm unable to connect and I get the (try 1) (try 2) (try 3)
4 > (timed out) messages in dmesg which makes sense.  Other times I get a
5 > different series of messages in dmesg when I'm unable to connect which
6 > don't make sense to me.  The interface connects, then disconnects,
7 > then connects, then disconnects, over and over until it finally
8 > decides to fail permanently.
9
10 Have you tried disabling power saving mode? Something like:
11
12 iwconfig wlan0 power off