From: Stefan Schmiedl <s@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ruby and package.use
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 09:07:03
1 "Neil Bothwick" <neil@××××××××××.uk>, 10.02.2021, 09:52:
2
3 > On Wed, 10 Feb 2021 16:45:15 +1100, Adam Carter wrote:
4
5 >> It seems like ruby regularly wants to stuff ruby_targets_rebyNN entries
6 >> into package.use on my machines - is this normal?
7
8 >> Now that ruby3 is out it wants to add a bunch of ruby_targets_ruby30
9 >> entries to the ruby_targets_ruby27 crud that's already there.
10
11 > Same here. When this happens, I delete /etc/portage/package.use/ruby and
12 > let portage create a fresh one.
13
14 > It's still a mess, just a slightly cleaner and up to date mess.
15
16 When a bunch of these pop up, I usually add that ruby version
17 to RUBY_TARGETS in /etc/portage/make.conf and restart the emerge.
18
19 s.