From: Raffaele Belardi <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: switch from gnome/systemd to xfce/openrc borked my system
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2019 14:25:36
1 Daniel Frey wrote:
2 > On 8/19/19 5:24 AM, Raffaele Belardi wrote:
3 >>
4 >>> Make sure you are using a kernel set up for openrc.
5 >>
6 >> Good catch, although I'm not sure where to find that info in the available kernel log.
7 >> I'll look better, I need to stop it from scrolling.
10 > Did you update grub and remove the init= line that starts systemd?
11
12 Yes.
13
14 >> One of the last things printed in the kernel log is "random: crng init done". The random
15 >> service is part (possibly the last service) of the boot runlevel which is entered after
16 >> the sysinit runlevel. So apparently a lot of openrc stuff has already started
17 >> successfully. Instead, nothing from the default runlevel is output. I'll re-check those
18 >> services.
21 > Hmm, is it possible that it's waiting for entropy? Try moving the mouse like a madman for
22 > 20 seconds or so.
23
24 I read on the internet about the crng delay issue. I don't think this is the case because
25 it hangs after it has finished the random rc script, but I'll give it a try.
26
27 raffaele