From: Michael Kintzios <michaelkintzios@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] No X interface...
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 11:36:57
1 > -----Original Message-----
2 > From: Cláudio Henrique [mailto:rapaduraatomica@×××××.com]
3 > Sent: 28 December 2005 11:10
4 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
5 > Subject: [gentoo-user] No X interface...
8 > Hi there,
9 >
10 > After a overheat, my computer does not work under X interface. I start
11 > my system without error messages, but when I try to startx, the screen
12 > goes black, and only reseting the computer the system is restored. Not
13 > even a /var/log/Xorg.0.log output is generated. The same problem
14 > occurs if I use a LiveCD, I've tried Kurumin and Linspire so far.
15
16 Could it be that the video card was fried? Was it overclocked?
17
18 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-2987382.html#2987382
19
20 Unless I'm mistaken your video card is not being initialised. If you
21 tried different LiveCD's and it now fails to come up, then hardware
22 failure of card or controller chip are suspect.
23
24 Finally, from a software perspective I assume that there are no lock
25 files created which are relevant to the video card and which might need
26 deleting? Someone with more knowledge in this area may be able to offer
27 help.
28 --
29 Regards,
30 Mick