From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] very poor video quality with xorg-server and ati video card
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 23:35:11
1 On Tuesday 28 December 2010 00:10:03 Davide Carnovale wrote:
2 > Mark, your config didn't helped me, thanks anyway =)
3 >
4 > Volker, my bad, you're right, i misread the supported cards and i thought HD
5 > 6000 and above were supported, while it is R600 and above.
6 > So i'll go again into the process of installing the ati driver and will pay
7 > more attention to all the steps now.
8 > thanks also for the config file walkthrough
9 > will let you know if i'll fix this.
12 make sure that:
13 /usr/src/linux points to the right sources
14 you run eselect opengl set ati after installing the drivers
15 you run aticonfig --intial after installing the drivers.