From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Boost & Openoffice
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 05:52:26
1 The other change led to a small improvement, but also a query.
2
3 I installed the latest stable boost-1.42.0-r2 + boost-build-1.42.0 ,
4 which go in new slots; I also updated to icu-4.6 + numpy-1.5.1
5 (the latter is probably irrelevant here, but Icu is needed for OO).
6 Using more haste than sense after 'emerge -cpv =boost-1.41.0-r3'
7 showed nothing depended on that version,
8 I unmerged it & the corresponding boost-build-1.41.0 ,
9 then trying to remerge openoffice-3.2.1-r1 , I hit a configure error.
10 After I restored the apparently unneeded versions of Boost(-build),
11 Openoffice compiled without any further complaint.
12
13 Can anyone explain why the latest stable Openoffice can't use
14 the latest stable slotted Boost(-build), which is used only for OO ?
15 Perhaps the devs have tripped up slightly in the sequence of updates.
16
17 After the updates described, the OO splash screen now appears
18 after c 2 sec , where before it took c 5 sec to show up,
19 so there's a very nice improvement in performance anyway.
23 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
24 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
25 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca