From: "Timothy A. Holmes" <tholmes@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Gentoo Samba file server - Hints and tips needed
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 13:23:23
1 Good Morning everyone:
2
3 I am preparing to bring a Samba file server online on my network. The
4 box is a p4 3.0ghz HT box with 500GB in 2 SATA drives -- it works fine
5 with the base OS installed.
6
7 I want to get it set up right to be able to serve as a file server with
8 my windows 2003 Active Directory Network.
9
10 The network has a primary domain controller (srvdc-01 192.168.0.2) and a
11 secondary domain controller(srvdc-02) (I know - those terms are out of
12 date but that's how it works)
13
14 The users all authenticate through the active directory and I would like
15 them to be able to use the samba shares transparently (without further
16 authentication).
17
18 I have 2 wiki articles printed here ready to use, Specifically the HOWTO
19 add a gentoo server to a windows network, and HOWTO setup Samba
20
21 I was wondering if anyone knew of any other useful docs that can ease
22 this process. The last time I did a samba server (the one this is
23 replacing -- under fedora) it was about a 3 week process to get it
24 working right, I really don't have that kind of time right now and would
25 like to draw on the collective experience here.
26
27 Thanks a bunch
28
29 TIM
32 Timothy A. Holmes
33 IT Manager / Network Admin / Web Master / Computer Teacher
34
35 Medina Christian Academy
36 A Higher Standard...
37