From: David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] font corruption ???
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 02:47:14
1 My wife uses my gentoo workstation with Open Office Writer to prepare
2 documents for my son's Boy Scout troop and has encountered printing
3 problems.
4
5 The environment is cups-1.2.10-r1, openoffice-bin-2.3.0, xorg-x11-7.2,
6 xorg-server-1.3.0.0, etc.
7
8 After starting OOw, the first document (typically a single page) is
9 fine. Reprinting it, gives garbled output. An example is word "When:"
10 printing as "$ henC:" and "Where:" printing as "$ hereC". Typically
11 capital letters, digits and punctuation are off (with the same wrong
12 character for the same original character, i.e. "$" instead of "W", ")"
13 instead of "S", etc).
14
15 Exiting OOw, restarting it, and printing the document gives similar
16 results -- first copy good, second copy munged.
17
18 I don't think the problem is a printer issue as it (a networked Brother
19 7820N) seems to work fine off our kids' WinXP machine.
20
21 Anybody seen this problem or have suggestions how to fix it?
22
23 Thanks.
24
25 David