From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Easy (cough) way to build earlier gentoo-sources 3.18.x kernel?
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 11:00:36
1 On Tue, 31 Mar 2015 09:51:11 +0100, Bob Wya wrote:
2
3 lease don't top-post, it is frowned upon on this list, and for good
4 reason.
5
6 > Simply changing the ebuild version to 3.18.1 doesn't work. The kernel-2
7 > eclass simply won't allow one to build a gentoo-sources 3.18.x kernel
8 > lower than / before 3.18.9 now. (Try it if you don't believe me...)
9 > That was the first thing I tried. :-)
10
11 I wasn't suggesting renaming the ebuild but downloading the older
12 version. However, on checking the content I see it still uses the
13 kernel-2 eclass. You can deal with this by downloading the older version
14 of the eclass from CVS and putting it in an overlay, but it's probably
15 easier to just apply the patches manually in this case.
16
17 gentoo-sources uses both the base and extra patchsets from genpatches.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 Fragile. Do not turn umop ap1sdn!