From: efeizbudak <efeizbudak@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Confusion about gpg-preset-passphrase
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2023 14:52:24
1 On 23/03/03 07:36AM, efeizbudak wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > So I'm trying to use gpg-preset-passphrase but for some reason I keep
5 > having to enter the passphrase all the same. I run
6 >
7 > /usr/libexec/gpg-preset-passphrase --preset $KEYGRIP
8 >
9 > and then paste the passphrase (I've also tried this with the keygrip for
10 > the [E] subkey as opposed to the [SC]). But then when I try to decrypt
11 > a file encrypted for this key I still face pinentry. I also tried
12 > running the decryption command with the
13 >
14 > --pinentry loopback --batch
15 >
16 > which just fails with
17 >
18 > gpg: Sorry, we are in batchmode - can't get input
19 >
20 > And I already have in my gpg-agent.conf the following:
21 >
22 > allow-preset-passphrase
23 > max-cache-ttl 2147483647
24 >
25 > Am I misunderstanding something here? Can someone please point me in the
26 > right direction?
27 >
28 > Thank you!
31 To anyone who sees this, it was caused by my stupidity to use a very
32 illegal password. Please do not bother.
35 All the best,
36 Efe
37
38 The funny quote of this email is trivial and left as an exercise.