From: Paul Varner <fuzzyray@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] setting path for qpkg
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 17:12:39
1 On Thu, 2005-12-15 at 16:22 +0000, James wrote:
2 > qpkg is not accessible, due to the path, unless
3 > I use: /usr/lib/gentoolkit/bin/qpkg
4 >
5 > Where is the best (bash shell) place to
6 > set this path once, so I do not have to
7 > type out the fully qualified pathname
8 > of the executable?
9 > I'd like it to survive the machinations of
10 > emerge, env-update et. al...
11 >
12 > /root/.bashrc ?
13 >
14 > I also would have thought that installing it
15 > from an emerge would set the path automatically?
16
17 It is deprecated, which is why it is no longer in the path.
18
19 My recomendation is to create a symbolic link in /usr/local/bin (which
20 is in the default path)
21
22 ln -s /usr/lib/gentoolkit/bin/qpkg /usr/local/bin/qpkg
23
24 Answering your question about paths, the place to put it would
25 be /root/.bashrc
26
27 export PATH=$PATH:/usr/lib/gentoolkit/bin
28
29 Regards,
30 Paul
31 --