From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: {OT} Mystery network traffic
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 21:52:28
1 On 2016-09-29 12:47, Grant wrote:
2
3 > I was watching cbm on one of my machines and it showed a lot more
4 > traffic going in and out over lo than over both of the two real
5 > interfaces. Is that normal? One of those two real interfaces is
6 > completely unused and shows zeros in cbm all the time.
7
8 If I were motivated to investigate this, I'd start with netstat to learn
9 what ports are active on the interface, then I'd load iptables rules
10 that pass all traffic on such ports but log it.
11
12 Or just use tcpdump? That may by too blunt a tool, though.
15 Please *no* private Cc: on mailing lists and newsgroups
16 Personal signed mail: please _encrypt_ and sign
17 Don't clear-text sign: http://cr.yp.to/smtp/8bitmime.html
18 Why does the arrow on Hillary signs point to the right?