From: "Sébastien MORAND" <sebastienmorand@××.st>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with udpate
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 21:08:41
1 > You clearly know how to clear a block, but your syntax for unmerging the
2 > blocking packages is wrong, which is why it's not working.
3 >
4 > If you want to unmerge the specific version of the package (for this
5 > example, let us assume php-5.0.5), the correct syntax is
6 >
7 > emerge -C =dev-php/php-5.0.5
8 >
9 > If you want to unmerge "any or all" versions of the package currently
10 > installed, letting Portage decide which to unmerge, the correct syntax is
11 >
12 > emerge -C php
13
14 Ok, but this will remove php-5, and that's not what I want. I want to remove
15 dev-php/php any version, but I do that (I think the right syntax to do it is
16 emerge -C dev-php/php), I got the previous message, obvisoualy there is an
17 inconsistence on my system:
18 - To update a package that is blocked by another package is required
19 - The required package is not installed.
20
21 It looks like the point is php has migrated. The version 4.x and below are
22 located in dev-php and the version 5.x and above are locate in dev-lang, so is
23 there an inconsistency in the portage tree when unmasking php-5.x and above?
24
26 This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list