From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] depclean wants to remove all perl?
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 09:25:35
1 On Thursday 31 Jul 2014 09:25:03 J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 > On Thursday, July 31, 2014 06:48:01 AM Mick wrote:
3 > > On Thursday 31 Jul 2014 06:14:56 J. Roeleveld wrote:
4 > > > I always check the list from depclean to see if there is any package
5 > > > and/or
6 > > > version that I am actually using. If yes, I add it to the world file.
7 > > > (Emerge --noreplace)
8 > >
9 > > I don't add packages to my world file, let alone specific versions,
10 > > unless I want them to be there. I let portage manage versions and
11 >
12 > dependencies.
13 >
14 > That's what I said as well.
15 > Please note, I mentioned " that I am actually using ".
16 >
17 > This includes:
18 > - programs I use
19 > - kernel
20 > - libraries I need for my own projects
21 > - dependencies for software that isn't in the portage tree
22 > (I should create a meta-package for those)
23
24 Right, yes, we are in agreement. I misread what you wrote. In my case I
25 don't have a requirement for my own libraries or dependencies - I don't
26 develop anything of note other than the odd kludge of a script. So portage
27 drags in what it needs and my world only has applications that I have
28 explicitly installed.
31 Regards,
32 Mick