From: Anthony Mutiso <anm.mlist01@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] no libdri.so with ati-drivers-10.1
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 16:19:04
1 On 02/20/10 04:03, Keith Dart wrote:
2 > === On Sat, 02/20, Adam wrote: ===
3 >
4 >> So, any ideas or should i issue a bug report?
5 >>
6 > ===
7 >
8 > Yes, use the open source drivers:
9 >
10 > x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati
11 >
12 This can't universally be the answer.
13
14 I have been forced to upgrade from ati-drivers-9.11 (due to being stuck
15 at xorg-server-1.6.5) to xf86-video-ati-6.12.4, however I have yet to
16 find a successful xorg.conf configuration that will give me
17 *dual-screen*, (not single screen, dual monitor), setup that I had
18 working with flgrx.
19
20 I would really like to stay with the opensource radeonhd driver, but it
21 looks like I have to give up dual-screen (:0.0, :0.1 setup) which I
22 prefer for Gnome.
23
24 So it would nice to still have a working ati-drivers setup until
25 xf86-video-ati does it all.
26
27 Anthony