From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 4G Stick Huawei E3276
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 09:17:39
1 Am 30.03.2013 08:54, schrieb Mick:
2
3 > Don't you loooove OS automation? Especially when it works! ;-)
4
5 ;-)
6
7 > If you look at the device manager you will probably find different
8 > strings describing the USB device interfaces that WinXP
9 > detects/assigns compared to your Linux OS + udevd + systemd.
10 >
11 > When you tried adding the new module you should see a load more
12 > interfaces coming up in dmesg, through usbserial_generic and then
13 > cdc_wdm and qmi_wann, like this:
14 >
15 > http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-usb/msg64061.html
16 >
17 > This guys seems to be getting 3 x ttyUSBX popping up.
18 >
19 > Once you get to this stage with an appropriate udev rule if need
20 > be, then apparently you need to emerge this:
21 >
22 > $ eix -l libqmi * net-libs/libqmi Available versions: ~ 1.0.0 [doc
23 > static-libs test] ** 9999 [doc static-libs test] Homepage:
24 > http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libqmi/ Description: QMI modem
25 > protocol helper library
28 > and see if that with its qmicli utility allows you to manage your
29 > connection.
30
31 I have my udev-rule to get wwan0 ... but I don't get that /dev/cdc-wdm
32 device :-(
33
34 This is rather frustrating ....
35