From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Lock-ups using laptop-mode - PATCH
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 15:34:54
1 Remy Blank wrote:
2
3 >I have been struggling for a few months with hard lock-ups when using
4 >laptop-mode.
8 <snip>
9
10 >Just thought this info might be interesting.
14 Indeed it is, and congratulations on finding an apparent fix. I too
15 have been having a problem with my laptop (with master and slave hard
16 disks), with occasional hangs, but I never even suspected that this
17 could be related to laptop-mode.
18
19 Additionally I've been having a possibly related problem: on many
20 reboots some service would fail to start reporting a non-executable
21 binary, corrupted configuration file, or or corrupted library.
22 Rebooting the system 'fixed' the problem and the service started up just
23 fine. The system log would report a reset on hda at the same time a
24 filesystem was being mounted from hdb, which is what likely resulted in
25 my failed read and failed service. In fact, this problem got so bad
26 that last weekend I removed the slave disk and shoe-horned my system
27 back to a single drive. I guess when suspend2-sources gets updated to
28 2.6.14 I'll try the 2-disk configuration again.
29
30 -Richard
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list