From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Need help: Filesystem (ext4) corrupted!
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2013 16:39:24
1 On Sep 2, 2013 11:16 PM, <meino.cramer@×××.de> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi,
7 > I need some urgent help...
11 > The rootfs and $HOME of my embedded system is stored
12 > on a 16GB SD-card (about 5GB used, rest free). The FS
13 > is ext4.
14 >
15 > Since the system hangs for unknown reasons several times I
16 > removed the sdcard, put it in a card reader and did an
17 > ext4.fsck on it.
18 >
19 > "Clean" was the result.
20 >
21 > Then I forced a check with "-f -p".
22 >
23 > The result was:
24 >
25 > solfire:/root>fsck.ext4 -f -p /dev/sdb2
26 > rootfs: Inodes that were part of a corrupted orphan linked list found.
27 >
28 > rootfs: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY.
29 > (i.e., without -a or -p options)
30 > [1] 18644 exit 4 fsck.ext4 -f -p /dev/sdb2
33 > Return code 4 means
34 >
35 > 4 - File system errors left uncorrected
36 >
37 > which indicates nothing and all at the same time.
40 > At this point I started to write this mail.
41 >
42 > Before I fscked the sdcard I mounted the FS and tar'ed everything on
43 > it into a backup file.
44 >
45 > The tar process did not return an error.
46 >
47 > Since it costs A LOT OF TIME to compile everything from source on a
48 > 1GHz CPUed embedded system natively - and for abvious different other
49 > reasons - I am very interested in doing the next steps correctly.
50 >
51 > What can I do to eliminate the problem without data loss (best
52 > case) or to save the most while knowing what and where the corrupted
53 > data are located on the system?
54 >
55 > Thank you very much in advance for any help!
58 I'm not really sure how to fix the corrupt fs, but don't forget to backup
59 the whole disk using dd
60
61 Rgds,