From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: advice sought on new laptop for Gentoo
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 16:35:30
1 On 2010-09-07, Robert Bridge <robert@××××××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > I don't know how well it works with Linux, but if screen estate
4 > really matters, has anyone looked at the Lenovo ThinkPad W700ds? I
5 > know pretty much every CAD person I know drools over it as a mobile
6 > workstation...
7
8 I don't know about that particular model, but Thinkpads have a pretty
9 good reputation for Linux compatibility.
10
11 I'd still rather have a 16" 1600x1200 4:3 display than haul around the
12 extra 3-4" inches in width. But I seem to be in the minority, so it's
13 not going to happen...
16 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! Civilization is fun!
17 at Anyway, it keeps me busy!!
18 gmail.com