From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: post handbook install guide?
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 19:01:58
1 Samir Faci <samir.list <at> gmail.com> writes:
5 > if you've just completed a proper install from the handbook (presuming a
6 bootable system, with bootloader, cron/syslog, etc). you really don't need to do
7 a system.kde-meta (iirc should pull xorg as a dependency, so all you'd need is
8 kde-meta and the world update, but you'd still need to add whatever software
9 your user would use).
12 Got it.
13
14 One more question. I remember some time ago somebody had a slick
15 script or method to compile the apps listed in the world file,
16 from an existing system to the new system,
17 all together at once, rather that typing in all of those app
18 names into one giant emerge command.
19
20 I cannot seem to find that thread, via gmane.
21
22 Anyone remember that discussion and the resulting conclusion
23 (which I thought I save but cannot find in my files either) ?
24
25 or maybe the best method is:
26 emerge <list of apps named in another systems world file>
27
28 or just scp over a copy of the world file and issue:
29
30 emerge -uvDN world
31 revdep-rebuild <until no errors?>
32
33 ???
34
35 recommndations on automating this final-step, on a new
36 installation, are most welcome.
37
38 James
43 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list