From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] systemd and USE="static"
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 01:01:42
1 On Thu, 20 Feb 2014 16:59:39 -0500, Mike Gilbert wrote:
2
3 > > It seems the systemd profile masks the static and static-libs USE
4 > > flags, which are needed by crytsetup and lvm for my initramfs, which
5 > > mounts / from a LUKS partition. Forcing an unmask of these flags in
6 > > /etc/portage/profile did no good because when those packages are built
7 > > with USE="static" they require a virtual/udev with matching flags,
8 > > which systemd cannot provide.
9
10 > I would recommend using an initramfs which includes the necessary
11 > shared libraries. I'm pretty sure dracut and genkernel-next support
12 > this.
13 >
14 > If you roll your own initramfs, this isn't terribly difficult either
15 > -- just use ldd to figure out which files you need, and copy them to
16 > /lib or /lib64 in the intiramfs image.
17
18 That was the answer. I knocked up a script that ldd'd the files included
19 in the initramfs and added them to its config file. Thanks.
23 Neil Bothwick
24
25 WinErr 006: Malicious error - Desqview found on drive