From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /etc/portage/patches
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2019 08:36:54
1 Raffaele Belardi wrote:
2 > For those who had missed the news like myself:
3 >
4 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki//etc/portage/patches
5 >
6 > I used it to patch two packages (gnucash and blender), works perfectly!
7 >
8 > raffaele
12 I've used it a few times myself and it does work well.  The only thing I
13 seem to always forget, until emerge pukes on my keyboard and reminds me,
14 file permissions need to be portage:portage.  When I create the patch
15 file, it is set to root:root and I always forget to change it.
16
17 It does make it easier to fix problems that are patched but not yet
18 available in the tree.
19
20 Dale
21