From: John Myers <electronerd@×××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] BUG in glibc????
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 20:21:41
1 On Sunday 30 October 2005 13:54, capsel wrote:
2 > is it a bug in glibc or in my code?
3 Probably not a bug in glibc. I'm 99% sure that there are no bugs that obvious
4 in printf or strcmp. glibc is absolutely the most tested code in a GNU/Linux
5 system, aside from the kernel itself, seeing as it is used by the *vast*
6 majority of users, for every app on their system. And printf is probably one
7 of the most-used and abused functions in glibc.
8
9 so, the answer to 'did I find a bug in printf?' is almost invariably 'Most
10 likely not.'