From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Persistent hal
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 15:51:56
1 On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 7:33 AM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 7:26 AM, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
4 > wrote:
5 > > I don't really want it, but my system still has hal installed.
6 > > According to equery depends, it seems that there are still two packages
7 > that
8 > > unconditionally
9 > > depend on hal (besides hal-info): k3b and gnome-mount.
10 > >
11 > > I don't care much about gnome-mount (this is primarily a KDE system), but
12 > I
13 > > definitely use
14 > > K3B a lot.
15 > >
16 > > I don't see any use flags to change with respect to k3b, so I'm feeling
17 > I''m
18 > > missing something.
19 > >
20 > > Help?
21 >
22 > You are not as far as I can tell. I was looking at that yesterday. Saw
23 > the same thing.
24 >
25 That's pretty strange. I loked further, and found that --depclean wanted to
26 ditch the gnome-mounter,
27 which I promptly unmerged myself, so K3B is the only thing left that wants
28 hal. Of course, I'm
29 sticking with x86 stable, which means hal-2.0.0. Maybe the ~x86 version in
30 there fixes this?
33 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD