From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] power button to shutdown for openrc?
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2019 09:58:41
1 191113 n952162 wrote:
2 > I've reinstalled Gentoo from the gentoo repository
3 > and now my power button doesn't do a shutdown anymore.
4 > What do I have to do to have it issue a shutdown ?
5 > This is an openrc system.
6
7 1st, exit your window manager & return to a raw console ;
8 or you can do 'Control-Alt-F2' to get a raw console.
9
10 2nd, from the raw prompt login as root
11 & do 'shutdown -h now' to power down or 'shutdown -r now' to reboot.
12
13 You might have to enable something in a config file somewhere
14 to allow 'shutdown' to access your mobo off-switch.
15
16 It's never sensible to simply press the power button
17 or your filesystems will need to check themselves on next boot.
21 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
22 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
23 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca