From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] portage-utils not updating...
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 16:33:58
1 Hi,
2 I just noticed there is new stable portage-utils ebuild
3 (for amd64) but my system does not want to update it:
4
5 # emerge --pretend --update --deep --verbose --newuse world
6 These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
7 Calculating dependencies... done!
8 Total: 0 packages, Size of downloads: 0 kB
9
10 But when I try to update just this package, it works:
11
12 # emerge --pretend --update portage-utils
13 These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
14 Calculating dependencies... done!
15 [ebuild U ] app-portage/portage-utils-0.10 [0.8]
16
17 And to make problem even more interesting, out of 9 boxes
18 8 updated portage-utils without any problem. It is just
19 one of them which skips portage-utils. What could be
20 reason for this strange behaviour? It is not in
21 package.mask so I expect it should be updated as
22 usually...
23
24 Jarry
28 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
29 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.