From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Update circle
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2018 14:29:45
1 On 2018-08-22, Zoltán Kócsi <zoltan@××××××××××.au> wrote:
2 > I have a Gentoo machine, which has not been updated for a while. Quite
3 > a long while, actually.
4
5 > It seems that I'm kind of stuck. Wiping the disk and rebuilding the
6 > system from scratch is absolutely not an option, the existing (and
7 > running) system must be updated somehow.
8
9 Doing a reinstall will probably be far less work and less disruption
10 for the machines user's. You don't have to "wipe the disk" to do a
11 re-install.
14 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! You were s'posed
15 at to laugh!
16 gmail.com