From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Is --changed-deps going to be *that* useless?
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 15:25:35
1 On 02/26/2018 10:16 AM, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 >
3 > Well, I'm on amd64, not ~amd64, and this morning portage wanted to remerge
4 > 217 packages. Removing --changed-deps reduced that to one: sys-devel/llvm.
7 You do need to reinstall those.
8
9 The latest (un)stable versions of automake are hard-coded in
10 autotools.eclass, and they wind up in the dependency string of every
11 ebuild that uses the eclass. It's stupid, we don't need to do it, and it
12 breaks all of those packages for other PMS-compliant package managers
13 (--changed-deps is portage-only). Sorry, we can't make people not do
14 this, apparently.