From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - Is distcc working?
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 05:00:42
1 On Mon, 2006-08-28 at 16:05 +1200, Nick Rout wrote:
2 > did you follow the advice that flashes past at the end of the ebuild
3 > (too fast to read) that says to run the monitor as follows:
4 >
5 > DISTCC_DIR=/var/tmp/portage/.distcc distccmon-gnome
6 > or
7 >
8 > DISTCC_DIR=/var/tmp/portage/.distcc distccmon-text N
9 >
10 > another way to tell is by setting a log file then tail -f logfile
11 >
12 > Also the output of top on a machine will allow you to tell if it is
13 > running gcc - if its not emerging something itself, its a good bet the
14 > gcc processes are as a result of slave compilation.
17 I copy/pasted the line above about DISTCC_DIR and ran the monitor. It
18 didn't show anything. Also, there was no gcc process running on my
19 client PC, which is supposed to be assisting with compilations...
20 >
21 > On Sun, 27 Aug 2006 21:51:15 -0500