From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] /boot/grub and grub2 directories
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2021 05:26:40
1 Howdy,
2
3 I was cleaning out my /boot directory.  It's on its own partition and I
4 remove outdated kernels and configs etc every once in a while. I was
5 noticing that I have two grub directories.  Based on time stamps, I
6 think I can delete the plain grub directory and I'm pretty much certain
7 grub2 is the current and active grub directory.  Is it safe to remove
8 the old grub directory?  Nothing in it has been touched that the time
9 stamps show in a long while.  The grub2 directory was when I did my last
10 kernel update.
11
12 I just want to be certain before I remove the directory.  More info below.
15 ls -al /boot/
16 drwxr-xr-x  6 root root    17408 Jun 18  2019 grub
17 drwxr-xr-x  6 root root     1024 Nov 30 10:55 grub2
20 By the way, I had the old grub installed on here ages ago.  Can't recall
21 when I switched to the new, much larger, grub2.
22
23 Thanks.
24
25 Dale