From: David Dorward <dorward@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] What mobile phone / PDA combination unit that syncs with Linux should I get?
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 12:17:41
1 The contract on my mobile phone is coming up for renewal soon, so I'm
2 shortly going to be in the market for a shiny new phone. (NB: I'm in
3 the UK, so it is devices available in this country that I'm interested
4 in).
5
6 I'm looking for a few specific things...
7
8 * Can talk to my Gentoo box
9 * Has a calendar ... that can sync with Evolution
10 * Has a keyboard or good handwriting recognition
11 * Lets me write text files and then send them to my Gentoo box
12 * Not /too/ expensive (Sub-£100 after the contract subsidy)
13
14 Any recommendations for devices?
15
16 Things that seem to fit are the Nokia Communicator replacement and
17 various Pocket PC (eeek, Microsoft!) devices (although I don't know
18 how well either of them work with Linux - Google kept turning up hits
19 to review pages that had "linux" somewhere in the sidebar).
22 David Dorward <http://dorward.me.uk><http://blog.dorward.me.uk>
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list