From: David Dorward <dorward@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] What mobile phone / PDA combination unit that syncs with Linux should I get?
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 12:17:41
The contract on my mobile phone is coming up for renewal soon, so I'm
shortly going to be in the market for a shiny new phone. (NB: I'm in
the UK, so it is devices available in this country that I'm interested
in).

I'm looking for a few specific things...

* Can talk to my Gentoo box
* Has a calendar ... that can sync with Evolution
* Has a keyboard or good handwriting recognition
* Lets me write text files and then send them to my Gentoo box
* Not /too/ expensive (Sub-£100 after the contract subsidy)

Any recommendations for devices?

Things that seem to fit are the Nokia Communicator replacement and
various Pocket PC (eeek, Microsoft!) devices (although I don't know
how well either of them work with Linux - Google kept turning up hits
to review pages that had "linux" somewhere in the sidebar).

--
David Dorward <http://dorward.me.uk><http://blog.dorward.me.uk>