From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Tell cron to send email using sender:passwd@host:587 syntax?
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 14:14:25
1 On 2013-11-16 9:05 AM, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Hi all...
3 >
4 > I'm a little confused by something...
5 >
6 > If I change the MAILURI in make.conf from the default, ie:
7 >
8 >> #PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI="root /usr/sbin/sendmail"
9 >> PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI="recipient@×××××××.com
10 >> sender:passwd@××××××××××××.com:100587"
11 >
12 > I'm guessing portage still uses /usr/sbin/sendmail, but using the above
13 > defined credentials?
14
15 Well... now I'm more confused...
16
17 I just tested this by re-emerging something tiny and watching the
18 logs... and there was *nothing* in the logs evidencing an email being
19 sent (if it was using my postfix install, it would have been in the logs)...
20
21 But, the email was still successfully sent/received by my other server.
22
23 Wtf??? Does portage have it's own TLS capable MAIL binary/client?