From: Rod <Rod@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Portage Patch failed to apply - System will no longer upgrade
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 07:39:34
1 Hi.
2
3 This issue is really pissing me off, I have ried almost all the
4 fixes, even to the point of booting and copying a Stage3 tarball over
5 the running system and doing a Stage3 Install.
6
7 No matter what I do, and for almost ALL packages I get ..
8 * Portage patch failed to apply (ltmain.sh version 1.5.24)!
9 * Please bug azarah or vapier to add proper patch.
10 *
11 * ERROR: dev-libs/gmp-4.3.1 failed.
12 * Call stack:
13 * ebuild.sh, line 49: Called src_unpack
14 * environment, line 2811: Called elibtoolize
15 * environment, line 1065: Called die
16 * The specific snippet of code:
17 * die "Portage patch failed to apply!";
18 * The die message:
19 * Portage patch failed to apply!
20
21 For this package and everything else I wish to apply, this is
22 locking my system in time so I can no longer upgrade any software ;o(