From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: package.keywords
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 09:18:49
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 23 June 2009 09:38:32 Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Neil Bothwick wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> On Tue, 23 Jun 2009 01:51:45 -0500, Dale wrote:
7 >>>
8 >>>> This sounds cool. I don't unmask a lot or anything but something like
9 >>>> KDE 4 comes to mind for this. That requires a lot of work. I'm going
10 >>>> to have to check to see if autounmask supports this too.
11 >>>>
12 >>> It does, it creates a file called autounmask-something, so it is obvious
13 >>> where it came from and what it unmasks.
14 >>>
15 >> It's been a while since I used it but I thought I saw a update being
16 >> done a while back.
17 >>
18 >> May try KDE 4 again soon. The biggest thing I hate about KDE 4 is the
19 >> login screen.
22 > Well that's easy, just don't use kdm :-)
23 >
24 > If you want pretty, there's entrance
25 > If you want light, there's slim
26 > If you want hard-core, there's xdm
27 >
28 > There's also gdm. But I don't talk about gdm. It's personal, and painful.
29 > Don't ask :-)
33 Well, what I don't like is the clock with no seconds. I have a changing
34 background and I sort of like it to change on the 00's. I know exactly
35 how long it takes for me to type in my password, hit return and it start
36 the desktop. It's 11 seconds here. So, if I hit return right on 49
37 seconds, the background changes on the 00's every time.
38
39 The new KDE login doesn't have a second hand so I have no idea when to
40 hit the return key to login. I hate to say this, I may stick with KDE 3
41 until that is changed. There has to be a setting somewhere but this
42 little idiot can't find it.
43
44 I have never seen gdm so I'll take your word for it. I hate that little
45 startx thing. That is ugly. O-o
46
47 Dale
48