From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: bluez 5 not connecting
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 05:34:46
1 On Thursday 29 May 2014 23:32:55 William Kenworthy wrote:
2
3 > I am not using systemd either - there is no bluetoothctl service (its an
4 > application and written with no remote control capabilities - why?: no
5 > idea - in my reading I came across a message saying that its designed
6 > for use with systemd but I thought it would still need the remote option
7 > unless bluetoothctl like functions are natively included in systemd)
8 >
9 > You will probably have to load the modules manually
10 > (/etc/conf.d/modules) - mine do load automatically though
11
12 Right, so did mine until recently. I'm guessing that it's something to do
13 with udev, or with changes in the kernel that affect my Broadcom bluetooth
14 chip.
17 > moriah ~ # lsmod|grep bt
18 > btusb 14099 0
19 > bluetooth 191573 24 bnep,btusb,rfcomm
20 > usbcore 132770 10
21 > btusb,usblp,uhci_hcd,usb_storage,usbserial,ehci_hcd,ehci_pci,usbhid,ftdi_si
22 > o,cdc_acm moriah ~ #
23 >
24 > Sounds like you have more than one problem and you need to get the
25 > modules loaded and working first, then you can run bluetoothctl manually.
26
27 I already tried that. The modules load, hciconfig works to bring up hci0, but
28 bluetoothctl complains that there is no available bluetooth controller. :-/
29 --
30 Regards,
31 Mick