From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Firefox and kernel panics.
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 10:17:51
1 On Sun, 10 Jul 2011 19:27:32 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > > WAG - have you tried the nv drivers?
4
5 > I did but I couldn't get X to even start. I guess something is not set
6 > right somewhere. I have nv in make.conf and been there since I built
7 > this thing so sort of clueless on why it don't work.
8
9 Did you remove the nvidia drivers and xorg.conf?
10
11 > While I am at it, what is the syntax to mask a package higher than a
12 > certain version in package.mask? I tired =>package.name.version and
13 > tried >= package.name.version but the former doesn't work and seems to
14 > ignore it and the later makes emerge print a boo boo message. On my
15 > old rig, I want to mask anything above the 173 series. So far, I
16 > haven't had the light bulb moment and never can remember how to do this.
17
18 >category/package-version
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 Never wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty but only the pig enjoys it.