From: "de Almeida
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] persistent broken dynamic link notice from revdep-rebuild
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 01:28:19
1 > -----Original Message----->
2 > If you run fix_libtool_files.sh, it modifies a number of .la files. As
3 a
4
5 Indeed I used it.
6
7 > result, these files are removed when their parent package is unmerged
8 > because their checksums no longer match the package's CONTENTS file.
9 This
10 > isn't an issue if you have upgraded the package and it has overwritten
11 > the .la files with new versions, but when they move to a different
12 > location, or if you remove the package altogether, that are left lying
13 > around.
14 >
15 > As you have determined the files no longer belong to a package, it is
16 > quite safe to remove them.
19 Yes I am going around with a fine tooth comb and fixing things. Still a
20 bit confused with virtual packages... Anyway I am getting out of the
21 woods as this upgrade seems to be working.
22
23 Thanks,
26 Valmor
29 > --