From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] my xorg-server 1.6 seems a bit unstable - what am I doing wrong?
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 00:16:35
1 On Freitag 09 Oktober 2009, Denis wrote:
2 > > nvidia drivers load into the kernel. Driver-kernel interaction can cause
3 > > a lot of problems.
4 >
5 > Alright, I am now running 2.6.30-gentoo-r6 kernel, but I still have
6 > the same issue.
7 >
8 > I think it's a scroll-bar that triggers it. If I drag a scrollbar
9 > down with my mouse and then run it back up, there is a delayed
10 > response (especially in Acrobat Reader), and when I do that in
11 > Mathematica 5.2, that simply crashes X.
12 >
13 > Now I am kind of regretting that I upgraded to xorg-server-1.6... I
14 > was very happy with 1.5 and before. Sigh. May this be a library
15 > issue? Gtk? I received some kind of an error from Gtk, if I recall,
16 > while using acroread, but acroread did not crash...
19 you could rebuilt gtk, I never had crashes or problems with acrobat and I
20 don't have mathematica :)