From: "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CRON (Vixie) not working for local users ...
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 19:43:17
1 Renat Golubchyk wrote:
2 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/cron-guide.xml
6 According to this document, it indicates my setup SHOULD be working. It
7 does suggest creating a cron.allow and adding all members that are
8 allowed to use cron to this file. I fail to see the reasoning of adding
9 users to the cron group AND to this file, but that is something the
10 package maintainers have chosen I guess.
11
12 Still, it does not make sense why my current configuration is not
13 working. Users are in the cron group. /etc/cron.allow does not exist
14 and /etc/cron.deny exists and is empty. The cron daemon is running and
15 processing nightly jobs at the system level.
16
17 Tom Veldhouse
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list